Real Madrid not all about Ronaldo, claims Evans
London: Jonny Evans claims that Manchester United`s game against Real Madrid is not all about Cristiano Ronaldo facing his former club.
The Northern Ireland international believes that the clash is the highlight of the round due to the history between the two clubs and not the Portuguese star.
"I am sure one or two of the lads have kept in contact and Nani was on international duty with him," Evans told the club`s official website.
"I don`t know if he has spoken to anyone but I am sure he is looking forward to the game as much as we are.
"But I don`t think it is just about Cristiano Ronaldo. It goes back further. There is the history of the two clubs. It is the glamour tie of the round. Everyone is looking forward to it."
While Evans took time to hail Ronaldo`s improvement since leaving United, he warned that Jose Mourinho`s side contain several other players who could damage the Red Devils on Wednesday.
"Cristiano has changed his game. He has adapted," he added.
"When he was playing here, he was a right or left winger and expected to work back a lot. That was the way we played. I don`t think Real Madrid play like that. He has adapted his game to suit them."
"They don`t just have Cristiano Ronaldo who can hurt you.
"They have a lot of different players who can cause you problems. He will be the one everyone will be looking to as the man to stop and we have to make sure we keep him quiet.
"We have had a great recent record in the Champions League until last year," Evans added. "We have gathered that experience to make sure that we do progress and get to finals and semi-finals.
"I suppose Real Madrid have always had that. You are expected and if you don`t do it, there is uproar. We have that pressure on us. I am sure it will be a great occasion and everyone is looking forward to it as much as we are."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'