Real Madrid not all about Ronaldo, claims Evans
London: Jonny Evans claims that Manchester United`s game against Real Madrid is not all about Cristiano Ronaldo facing his former club.
The Northern Ireland international believes that the clash is the highlight of the round due to the history between the two clubs and not the Portuguese star.
"I am sure one or two of the lads have kept in contact and Nani was on international duty with him," Evans told the club`s official website.
"I don`t know if he has spoken to anyone but I am sure he is looking forward to the game as much as we are.
"But I don`t think it is just about Cristiano Ronaldo. It goes back further. There is the history of the two clubs. It is the glamour tie of the round. Everyone is looking forward to it."
While Evans took time to hail Ronaldo`s improvement since leaving United, he warned that Jose Mourinho`s side contain several other players who could damage the Red Devils on Wednesday.
"Cristiano has changed his game. He has adapted," he added.
"When he was playing here, he was a right or left winger and expected to work back a lot. That was the way we played. I don`t think Real Madrid play like that. He has adapted his game to suit them."
"They don`t just have Cristiano Ronaldo who can hurt you.
"They have a lot of different players who can cause you problems. He will be the one everyone will be looking to as the man to stop and we have to make sure we keep him quiet.
"We have had a great recent record in the Champions League until last year," Evans added. "We have gathered that experience to make sure that we do progress and get to finals and semi-finals.
"I suppose Real Madrid have always had that. You are expected and if you don`t do it, there is uproar. We have that pressure on us. I am sure it will be a great occasion and everyone is looking forward to it as much as we are."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank