Real Madrid not planning to buy Khedira replacement
Madrid: Real Madrid are not planning to seek a replacement for injured Germany midfielder Sami Khedira in the January transfer window, coach Carlo Ancelotti said on Monday.
Khedira had surgery on Saturday after tearing knee ligaments in Germany`s friendly against Italy and has been ruled out for around six months, putting in doubt his participation in the World Cup in Brazil in June.
"We are not thinking about buying anyone in the winter transfer market," Italian Ancelotti said at a book presentation in Madrid.
"Khedira is very important for us. We have to find another solution and I am sure we will cope with this significant absence."
Ancelotti said Real had two choices - field a similar player or adjust their tactics.
Brazil-born 21-year-old Casemiro is one option, along with Spain playmaker Isco.
"Isco has played a few games in a three-man midfield although he is more comfortable behind the forwards. We could play with two midfielders and Isco further forward," said Ancelotti.
Real are third in La Liga after 13 games, six points behind leaders Barcelona and three adrift of city rivals Atletico.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack