Real Madrid offered double Barcelona`s bid for Neymar
Madrid: Real Madrid offered twice the amount Barcelona were ready to spend for Neymar, Goal has learned.
The Blaugrana beat their Liga rivals to the Brazilian star`s signature in a deal worth around €28 million, with the player himself receiving an additional €30m.
However, Madrid president Florentino Perez was so desperate to bring the 21-year-old to the Spanish capital that he doubled the Catalans` final figure, offering a total of over €120m.
Barca had been said to be leading the race for Neymar`s signature for some time and the Selecao international opted to move to Camp Nou as he preferred the club`s sporting project.
Furthermore, it is said that the player`s representatives had always advised Neymar to sign for Barcelona.
Coach Tito Vilanova applauded Neymar for choosing sporting ambition over money, while the 21-year-old admitted his excitement at playing alongside Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and Xavi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet