Real Madrid offered double Barcelona`s bid for Neymar
Madrid: Real Madrid offered twice the amount Barcelona were ready to spend for Neymar, Goal has learned.
The Blaugrana beat their Liga rivals to the Brazilian star`s signature in a deal worth around €28 million, with the player himself receiving an additional €30m.
However, Madrid president Florentino Perez was so desperate to bring the 21-year-old to the Spanish capital that he doubled the Catalans` final figure, offering a total of over €120m.
Barca had been said to be leading the race for Neymar`s signature for some time and the Selecao international opted to move to Camp Nou as he preferred the club`s sporting project.
Furthermore, it is said that the player`s representatives had always advised Neymar to sign for Barcelona.
Coach Tito Vilanova applauded Neymar for choosing sporting ambition over money, while the 21-year-old admitted his excitement at playing alongside Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and Xavi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31