Real Madrid offered double Barcelona`s bid for Neymar
Madrid: Real Madrid offered twice the amount Barcelona were ready to spend for Neymar, Goal has learned.
The Blaugrana beat their Liga rivals to the Brazilian star`s signature in a deal worth around €28 million, with the player himself receiving an additional €30m.
However, Madrid president Florentino Perez was so desperate to bring the 21-year-old to the Spanish capital that he doubled the Catalans` final figure, offering a total of over €120m.
Barca had been said to be leading the race for Neymar`s signature for some time and the Selecao international opted to move to Camp Nou as he preferred the club`s sporting project.
Furthermore, it is said that the player`s representatives had always advised Neymar to sign for Barcelona.
Coach Tito Vilanova applauded Neymar for choosing sporting ambition over money, while the 21-year-old admitted his excitement at playing alongside Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and Xavi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda