Real Madrid paid 10 mln euros by Spanish clinic to hold Gareth Bale`s medical!
London: Spanish giants Real Madrid was reportedly paid ten million euros by a Spanish clinic to hold the medical test for their new world-record signing Gareth Bale.
The former Tottenham Hotspur star had signed a 300,000 pounds-a-week deal with the Spanish giants, which makes him the most expensive footballer in the world now.
According to Metro.co.uk, Bale travelled to Madrid on Sunday evening and underwent the customary medical examination before signing the contract.
The report further said that the clinic is believed to have paid around ten million euros to Real to pick them over other hospitals available, following which, Bale passed the test successfully and was unveiled at the Bernabeu Stadium on Monday in front of 25,000 Madrid fans.
Meanwhile, the report added that Real made a faux-pas in a news article on their website, when they declared that Bale was the first-ever `Welch` (sic) player to play for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`