Real Madrid planning to make 15-mln-pound swoop for Chelsea`s Ramires
London: Spanish club Real Madrid is plotting to make a 15 million pound swoop for Chelsea midfielder Ramires ahead of the January transfer window.
According to Metro.co.uk, Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is currently drawing up plans ahead of the new year, with the Italian briefing his scouts this week of proposed targets.
Ancelotti is believed to be keen on adding another box-to-box midfielder, with doubts growing over the long-term fitness of Xabi Alonso, the report said.
Madrid have already been linked with a number of players, including Tottenham star Paulinho, but it is understood that Chelsea ace Ramires is the top target, the report added.
The 26-year-old would cost around 15 million pounds and Madrid scouts are ready to follow his progress until January ahead of a potential bid, the report further said.
If Madrid could agree a deal, it`s expected that Alonso would be allowed to depart for a nominal fee, with Liverpool in pole position to re-sign him, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions