Real Madrid present Isco to their fans
Madrid: Real Madrid presented Spain Under-21 midfielder Francisco Roman Alcaron Suarez, better known as `Isco` to their fans.
Isco is Real Madrid`s second signing of the summer and follows rightback Dani Carvajal to the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium after the club decided to buy back Carvajal, who had spent a successful season playing for Bayer Leverkusen, reports Xinhua.
However, the arrival of former Malaga player Isco on a deal worth around 30 million euros, has had a much greater impact given that the 21-year-old is seen as one of the most promising young players in Spain and has already made his debut with the Spanish national team.
He joins Real Madrid after the Spanish club was able to convince him to stay in his homeland rather than to follow his mentor Manuel Pellegrini to Manchester City and the Premier League. Isco moves to Madrid after playing a starring role in Spain`s triumph in the European Under-21 Championships held in Israel in June.
At the presentation, which was held in the presence of several thousand fans, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez expressed his satisfaction at the signing, saying Isco was a player "able to satisfy a club as demanding as Real Madrid," and that the club "believed" in him.
Isco will have to battle against players such as Mesut Ozil, Kaka, Luka Modric and former B-team player Jese Rodriguez for a place in the Madrid first team but said that although he had had an offer to play in England, he had not thought twice when he knew of Madrid`s interest.
"It`s impossible to say no to Real Madrid and I am convinced I can win a place in the squad, although I know they are not given away for free and I will have to fight for it," said Isco.
Athletic Club also announced the signing of Osasuna striker Kike Sola on a deal worth four million euros. Sola, who has signed a five-year-deal, has the difficult job of replacing Spain international Fernando Llorente, who has joined Juventus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP