Real Madrid`s Granero set for QPR Move
London: Spanish midfielder Esteban Granero is set to join Queen`s Park Rangers (QPR) after the club reached an agreement with Real Madrid, the English side said.
The deal for the 25-year-old is subject to the player agreeing to personal terms and passing a medical.
Granero is known to have been courted by a number of English clubs including Arsenal during the summer transfer window.
He is regarded as a highly talented player who has been squeezed out at Real Madrid due to the sheer volume of midfield talent.
Granero was brought up at the Real Madrid football school, and made his senior debut in 2009. He scored five goals in 90 appearances in three seasons.
If the deal goes through, he will be the latest in a string of summer signings at the London club.
Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-Sung and Brazil`s former international goalkeeper Julio Cesar are among the names to have moved to QPR in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details