Real Madrid`s Granero set for QPR Move
London: Spanish midfielder Esteban Granero is set to join Queen`s Park Rangers (QPR) after the club reached an agreement with Real Madrid, the English side said.
The deal for the 25-year-old is subject to the player agreeing to personal terms and passing a medical.
Granero is known to have been courted by a number of English clubs including Arsenal during the summer transfer window.
He is regarded as a highly talented player who has been squeezed out at Real Madrid due to the sheer volume of midfield talent.
Granero was brought up at the Real Madrid football school, and made his senior debut in 2009. He scored five goals in 90 appearances in three seasons.
If the deal goes through, he will be the latest in a string of summer signings at the London club.
Manchester United midfielder Park Ji-Sung and Brazil`s former international goalkeeper Julio Cesar are among the names to have moved to QPR in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!