Real Madrid sell Morata to Juve, loan Casemiro to FC Porto
Madrid: Real Madrid said Saturday they have sold Spanish under 21 striker Alvaro Morata to Juventus and were loaning Brazilian midfielder Casemiro to FC Porto.
Morato has been a regular in Madrid`s team this year and has scored 11 goals in 52 games for the side overall.
Italian champions Juventus confirmed the 21-year-old had signed a five-year deal worth 20 million euro ($27m) to be paid over three years which includes a buy-back clause.
The 22-year-old Casemiro played 25 games for Madrid in 2013-2014, but only started four of those.
Competition for Real midfield places is heating up with the arrival of German World Cup winner Toni Kroos this week.
The Real-Porto accord includes an option to buy. Porto have already bought Dutch defender Bruno Martins Indi this week and taken attacker Cristian Tello on a two-year loan from Barcelona.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey