Real Madrid sign Casemiro
Rio de Janeiro: Spanish football club Real Madrid has exercised its option of signing Sao Paulo loanee Casemiro on a permanent deal.
The 21-year-old joined the Spanish giants on loan in January and made his Liga debut in a 3-1 victory over Real Betis at the Santiago Bernabeu April 19, reports Xinhua.
A series of impressive performances for Real Madrid Castilla in Spain`s second tier convinced club president Florentino Perez to make Casemiro`s move a permanent one.
Real Madrid will pay 6.5 million euros for the player, with 80 percent going to SaoPaulo, 15 percent to his agent Julio Fressato and 5 percent to another unnamed representative.
Casemiro has been capped five times for Brazil since making his international debut under Mano Menezes in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high-level meeting in Kashmir
- India, Bangladesh border forces discuss issues in Tripura
- Four hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: Doctors