Real Madrid vs Manchester City: UEFA Champions League stats
• Madrid have won 99 UEFA Champions League games, group stage to final, scoring 348 goals and conceding 194.
• Madrid won six straight home matches in last season`s competition, scoring 24 goals. Including the 4-0 defeat of Tottenham Hotspur FC in the 2010/11 quarter-finals, Madrid have a home record of W5 D4 L2 against English visitors.
• City failed to reach the knockout stages last season despite picking up ten points in the group stage, matching the record for highest points haul without advancing. SV Werder Bremen (2006/07), Olympiacos FC, FC Dynamo Kyiv (2004/05) and PSV Eindhoven (2003/04) all suffered an identical fate.
• The match brings together the champions of Spain and England with Madrid beaten semi-finalists for the past two seasons and City keen to improve on their group stage elimination on their 2011/12 UEFA Champions League debut.
• Mourinho has a good record in the UEFA Champions League against English clubs, starting with Porto`s 3-2 aggregate success against Manchester United FC in the 2003/04 round of 16. His Inter side lost to United (2-0 agg) at the same stage in 2008/09 but beat Chelsea (3-1 agg) in the last 16 a year later. Then, in 2010/11 with Madrid, Mourinho oversaw home and away quarter-final wins over Tottenham (5-0 agg).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal