Real Madrid’s title race is not over: Kaka
Madrid: Real Madrid star Kaka says he is happy with how his side performed against Barcelona after the first Liga clash between the two sides this term took place on Sunday, and says he does not believe the title race is over yet.
The two giants of world football played out a 2-2 thriller in front of 95,000 spectators at Camp Nou, with Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo scoring two goals each.
The result leaves Madrid eight points behind their fierce rivals, however, after Los Blancos had to recover from a poor start to the season.
"The eight point gap is still worrying, but slightly less so after playing at the Camp Nou," Kaka was quoted as saying by Marca.
"It can`t be said that the title race is over, of course it can`t. There`s a lot left to play for and we`re going to fight to the end."
Real Madrid went ahead through Ronaldo and the Brazilian admits he rues the fact they did not take advantage of the lead.
He added: "We had a great game, but we didn`t kill it off."
Meanwhile, Kaka also spoke about former club Milan, with whom he spent six seasons after leaving boyhood team Sao Paulo in 2003.
The Rosseneri currently lie 12 points from the summit of Serie A, after losing 1-0 to fierce rivals Inter in Sunday`s Derby della Madonnina.
But the Brazil international pointed to their 3-2 victory at Zenit Saint Petersburg as evidence that his former side are becoming difficult to predict.
He added: "Milan will be the loose cannon of the Champions League," said the Brazil international.
"The victory against Zenit St. Petersburg is clear with regard to the league, Allegri`s team is late but must not give up.
"We [Real Madrid] are also eight points behind Barcelona in the table but we still believe.
"The world must have faith in the Rossoneri and give them time to build a new team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers