Real Mallorca duo apologise up after clashing on pitch
Madrid: Real Mallorca players Aritz Aduriz and Alhassane Keita apologised on Monday after clashing on the pitch at the end of Sunday`s 1-1 La Liga draw at home to Malaga.
The pair had to be separated by team mates after shoving each other during a shouting match just before the final whistle.
Mallorca said they were opening disciplinary proceedings against them for damaging the image of the club.
"I ask forgiveness from the fans and my colleagues, it was a product of nerves at the end of a tense match," Guinean forward Keita said in a statement on the club website.
"We all wanted to win, we were on edge. I have spoken with Aritz and everything has been sorted out."
Basque striker Aduriz, who snatched Mallorca`s injury-time equaliser against a club fighting to avoid relegation, said: "I am sure this will not happen again."
"It isn`t a true reflection of my relationship with Keita or the rest of the team. It was an isolated incident brought about by the tense situation."
Mallorca are fourth in La Liga in the last Champions League qualification slot with four games to play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!