Real Mallorca duo apologise up after clashing on pitch
Madrid: Real Mallorca players Aritz Aduriz and Alhassane Keita apologised on Monday after clashing on the pitch at the end of Sunday`s 1-1 La Liga draw at home to Malaga.
The pair had to be separated by team mates after shoving each other during a shouting match just before the final whistle.
Mallorca said they were opening disciplinary proceedings against them for damaging the image of the club.
"I ask forgiveness from the fans and my colleagues, it was a product of nerves at the end of a tense match," Guinean forward Keita said in a statement on the club website.
"We all wanted to win, we were on edge. I have spoken with Aritz and everything has been sorted out."
Basque striker Aduriz, who snatched Mallorca`s injury-time equaliser against a club fighting to avoid relegation, said: "I am sure this will not happen again."
"It isn`t a true reflection of my relationship with Keita or the rest of the team. It was an isolated incident brought about by the tense situation."
Mallorca are fourth in La Liga in the last Champions League qualification slot with four games to play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price