Real officially opens bid for Bale following Ancelotti`s entry
London: Real Madrid has reportedly officially opened the bid for Tottenham Hotspur`s Gareth Bale now that Carlo Ancelotti has been confirmed as Jose Mourinho `s successor on Wednesday.
Making an official bid for the player, whom they had started courting publicly in April, Real Madrid have offered cash and players to Spurs in a bid to deliver Bale to newly appointed boss Ancelotti.
Argentina winger Angel Di Maria is among several players that the Spanish giants are willing to hand over to the White Hart Lane club in order to bring in the Premier League`s Player of the Year.
However, Tottenham is continuing to reject all interest in the Welsh winger out of hand, with the report adding that the club has long maintained that they have no intention of selling their prize asset, who is currently away on holiday.
Real is now ready to intensify their efforts to change the mind of Tottenham, who has a new deal on the table for Bale worth 170,000 pounds-a-week.
Along with Bale, Real`s president Florentino Perez had also targeted Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Napoli marksman Edinson Cavani, who have reportedly indicated willingness to move to the Bernabeu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year