Real`s Diarra set to join Anzhi
Madrid: Real Madrid have agreed to sell French midfielder Lassana Diarra to Russia`s big-spending side Anzhi Makhachkala, the Spanish champions have said.
"Real Madrid and FC Anzhi have reached an agreement, ahead of the medical examination, on the transfer of the player Lassana Diarra to the Russian club,"
The value of transfer was not mentioned. Diarra had a year left to run on his Real deal.
Diarra, 27, switched to Real in 2008 from Portsmouth, but failed to become a regular starter, making 117 appearances and scoring four goals since then.
A French international since 2007, he has made 28 appearances but is yet to score a goal for the national team. Injury kept him out of Euro 2012.
Anzhi qualified for the group stage of the Europa League for the first time Thursday with an emphatic 5-0 away win over Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar, prevailing 6-0 on aggregate.
The competition`s group stage draw has pitted Anzhi with English side Liverpool, Italians Udinese and Young Boys of Switzerland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption