Real`s Diarra set to join Anzhi
Madrid: Real Madrid have agreed to sell French midfielder Lassana Diarra to Russia`s big-spending side Anzhi Makhachkala, the Spanish champions have said.
"Real Madrid and FC Anzhi have reached an agreement, ahead of the medical examination, on the transfer of the player Lassana Diarra to the Russian club,"
The value of transfer was not mentioned. Diarra had a year left to run on his Real deal.
Diarra, 27, switched to Real in 2008 from Portsmouth, but failed to become a regular starter, making 117 appearances and scoring four goals since then.
A French international since 2007, he has made 28 appearances but is yet to score a goal for the national team. Injury kept him out of Euro 2012.
Anzhi qualified for the group stage of the Europa League for the first time Thursday with an emphatic 5-0 away win over Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar, prevailing 6-0 on aggregate.
The competition`s group stage draw has pitted Anzhi with English side Liverpool, Italians Udinese and Young Boys of Switzerland.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'