Real`s Diarra set to join Anzhi
Madrid: Real Madrid have agreed to sell French midfielder Lassana Diarra to Russia`s big-spending side Anzhi Makhachkala, the Spanish champions have said.
"Real Madrid and FC Anzhi have reached an agreement, ahead of the medical examination, on the transfer of the player Lassana Diarra to the Russian club,"
The value of transfer was not mentioned. Diarra had a year left to run on his Real deal.
Diarra, 27, switched to Real in 2008 from Portsmouth, but failed to become a regular starter, making 117 appearances and scoring four goals since then.
A French international since 2007, he has made 28 appearances but is yet to score a goal for the national team. Injury kept him out of Euro 2012.
Anzhi qualified for the group stage of the Europa League for the first time Thursday with an emphatic 5-0 away win over Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar, prevailing 6-0 on aggregate.
The competition`s group stage draw has pitted Anzhi with English side Liverpool, Italians Udinese and Young Boys of Switzerland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened