Real`s Pepe gets two-match ban, Ramos red card rescinded
Madrid: Real Madrid defender Pepe was handed a two-match ban on Friday for insulting the referee after the 1-1 league draw at Villarreal.
Sergio Ramos, however, was given a reprieve with one of his two yellow cards from Wednesday`s match over-ruled by the Spanish football federation`s competition committee.
The Real defender will be free to play when the leaders host Real Sociedad on Saturday.
Coach Jose Mourinho and Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil were shown red cards in the game, after Villarreal snatched a late equaliser, and received the standard one-match suspension.
Mourinho`s assistant Rui Faria was given a two-game ban after being sent from the dugout midway through the second half at the Madrigal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan