Real`s Pepe gets two-match ban, Ramos red card rescinded
Madrid: Real Madrid defender Pepe was handed a two-match ban on Friday for insulting the referee after the 1-1 league draw at Villarreal.
Sergio Ramos, however, was given a reprieve with one of his two yellow cards from Wednesday`s match over-ruled by the Spanish football federation`s competition committee.
The Real defender will be free to play when the leaders host Real Sociedad on Saturday.
Coach Jose Mourinho and Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil were shown red cards in the game, after Villarreal snatched a late equaliser, and received the standard one-match suspension.
Mourinho`s assistant Rui Faria was given a two-game ban after being sent from the dugout midway through the second half at the Madrigal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part III
- No scientific evidence proves Farakka Dam caused Bihar floods: Sushil
- UN chief calls for renewed focus on mass destruction weapons
- Woman kills 6-yr-old stepson after he woke her up from sleep, demanded food — Know what happened
- Govt gives green signal to nine rail infrastructure projects worth Rs 24,000 cr
- US crude down 3% after big stockpile build report