Real`s Pepe gets two-match ban, Ramos red card rescinded
Madrid: Real Madrid defender Pepe was handed a two-match ban on Friday for insulting the referee after the 1-1 league draw at Villarreal.
Sergio Ramos, however, was given a reprieve with one of his two yellow cards from Wednesday`s match over-ruled by the Spanish football federation`s competition committee.
The Real defender will be free to play when the leaders host Real Sociedad on Saturday.
Coach Jose Mourinho and Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil were shown red cards in the game, after Villarreal snatched a late equaliser, and received the standard one-match suspension.
Mourinho`s assistant Rui Faria was given a two-game ban after being sent from the dugout midway through the second half at the Madrigal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read