Reconstruction of Bangalore stadium to begin soon: A.R.Khaleel
Bangaluru: A.R.Khaleel, president of Karnataka State Football Association (KSFA), hinted that with the investment promised by Jindal Steel Works (JSW), Bangalore could possibly one of the “important” venues for the U-17 World Cup, should India win the bid to host.
As per the Request for Proposal (RFP) of the All India Football Federation (AIFF), each franchisee either has to come up with a stadium or refurbish an existing one. According to sources close to Goal, there have been talks of Bangalore hosting the final of the U-17 World Cup if India is granted a chance to host the event by FIFA.
“JSW have taken the responsibility for the best facilities to come up in Bangalore. We hope this will increase Bangalore`s chances of being one of the main host cities in the country during the FIFA under 17 World Cup in 2017,” he mentioned.
After the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the KSFA granted its permission to JSW to reconstruct the stadium earlier this month, Khaleel revealed that they will inform the local government as a protocol and seek a final go-ahead.
“Once the approval is received, we will begin re-construction of our stadium. A full 25,000 capacity stadium is planned with world class FIFA standards. Matches will go on side-by-side on our pitch, while the contractors will be instructed to place a shield or barrier that separates the construction work from the playing field.
"The East and North wings will be demolished first while the fans can enjoy from the West stand.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145