Redknapp close to parting company with Tottenham
London: Tottenham Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is close to parting ways with the club, as problems relating to a new contract have surfaced.
According to reports, Redknapp has only a year left on his current deal and wants a longer-term commitment, but he has been left uneasy by the club’s reluctance to offer it.
Despite public denials, Redknapp has had an uneasy relationship with his club chairman Daniel Levy, partly as a result of the manager being heavily linked with a job in the England team.
“I have a year left on my contract. I’ll sit down with Daniel when the time is right,” Redknapp said.
With regard to the England job, he said, “I was never approached. I would have taken it, though.”
Spurs’ failure to renew Redknapp’s contract after the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England boss, then led him to fear his position was not as secure as he had thought, which reportedly brought an escalation in the tension between him and the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand