Redknapp close to parting company with Tottenham
London: Tottenham Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is close to parting ways with the club, as problems relating to a new contract have surfaced.
According to reports, Redknapp has only a year left on his current deal and wants a longer-term commitment, but he has been left uneasy by the club’s reluctance to offer it.
Despite public denials, Redknapp has had an uneasy relationship with his club chairman Daniel Levy, partly as a result of the manager being heavily linked with a job in the England team.
“I have a year left on my contract. I’ll sit down with Daniel when the time is right,” Redknapp said.
With regard to the England job, he said, “I was never approached. I would have taken it, though.”
Spurs’ failure to renew Redknapp’s contract after the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England boss, then led him to fear his position was not as secure as he had thought, which reportedly brought an escalation in the tension between him and the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket