Redknapp close to parting company with Tottenham
London: Tottenham Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is close to parting ways with the club, as problems relating to a new contract have surfaced.
According to reports, Redknapp has only a year left on his current deal and wants a longer-term commitment, but he has been left uneasy by the club’s reluctance to offer it.
Despite public denials, Redknapp has had an uneasy relationship with his club chairman Daniel Levy, partly as a result of the manager being heavily linked with a job in the England team.
“I have a year left on my contract. I’ll sit down with Daniel when the time is right,” Redknapp said.
With regard to the England job, he said, “I was never approached. I would have taken it, though.”
Spurs’ failure to renew Redknapp’s contract after the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England boss, then led him to fear his position was not as secure as he had thought, which reportedly brought an escalation in the tension between him and the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks
- Know the final recommendations of 7th Pay Commission in a nutshell