Redknapp close to parting company with Tottenham
London: Tottenham Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is close to parting ways with the club, as problems relating to a new contract have surfaced.
According to reports, Redknapp has only a year left on his current deal and wants a longer-term commitment, but he has been left uneasy by the club’s reluctance to offer it.
Despite public denials, Redknapp has had an uneasy relationship with his club chairman Daniel Levy, partly as a result of the manager being heavily linked with a job in the England team.
“I have a year left on my contract. I’ll sit down with Daniel when the time is right,” Redknapp said.
With regard to the England job, he said, “I was never approached. I would have taken it, though.”
Spurs’ failure to renew Redknapp’s contract after the appointment of Roy Hodgson as England boss, then led him to fear his position was not as secure as he had thought, which reportedly brought an escalation in the tension between him and the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US