Redknapp says won’t ever get chance to be England manager
London: Tottenham Hotspurs manager Harry Redknapp, who was the popular choice to become new England manager, believes he won’t get the opportunity to boss the national team ever again.
Redknapp was overlooked for the vacant England job after Roy Hodgson got the nod from the Football Association.
“I don’t think it will ever happen now,” The Sun quoted Redknapp, as saying.
“Roy has four years and I hope he sees it out and has great success at the Euros. He will select a squad that is capable of giving it a real go and I think he’ll do well,” he added.
Redknapp is furious over his name being still discussed in the media, and believes Hodgson deserves the position.
“I’m fed up of hearing my name mentioned now. I’m history with that job. Roy deserves it, he’s got it and I’m sure he’ll make a great job of it. I’m not disappointed at all, it’s done. End of story, move on. Get behind the manager and forget about me,” Redknapp said.
“I’m looking forward to a summer holiday as I’ve had a difficult year. I’m looking forward to having a break and going away with my wife, before coming back and watching the Euros,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blast at Trinamool victory rally in West Bengal, nine injured
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Check out: 6 beauteous beaches in Odisha you didn't know much about!
- IPL VIDEO: When 'livid' Praveen Kumar charged at Hyderabad skipper David Warner