Reinaldo Rueda replaced as Ecuador coach
Quito: The Ecuador Football Federation have replaced national coach Reinaldo Rueda after the team failed to get out of the World Cup group stages.
Under-20 coach Sixto Vizuete will take charge of the team at least until January, the federation announced.
Ecuador were the first South American team to drop out of the World Cup in Brazil and federation president Luis Chiriboga had said in recent days that the country`s football leadership were not happy.
"We expected more from our team," he said.
"Professor Reinaldo Rueda will no longer lead the Ecuador football team," Chriboga said in a statement released late Tuesday that announced that Rueda`s contract would not be renewed.
Rueda, a Colombian, has been in charge for four years. Before he was coach of Honduras.
Ecuador lost 2-1 to Switzerland, beat Honduras 2-1 and then drew 0-0 with France in their World Cup Group E matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'