Reinaldo Rueda replaced as Ecuador coach
Quito: The Ecuador Football Federation have replaced national coach Reinaldo Rueda after the team failed to get out of the World Cup group stages.
Under-20 coach Sixto Vizuete will take charge of the team at least until January, the federation announced.
Ecuador were the first South American team to drop out of the World Cup in Brazil and federation president Luis Chiriboga had said in recent days that the country`s football leadership were not happy.
"We expected more from our team," he said.
"Professor Reinaldo Rueda will no longer lead the Ecuador football team," Chriboga said in a statement released late Tuesday that announced that Rueda`s contract would not be renewed.
Rueda, a Colombian, has been in charge for four years. Before he was coach of Honduras.
Ecuador lost 2-1 to Switzerland, beat Honduras 2-1 and then drew 0-0 with France in their World Cup Group E matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir