Reinaldo Rueda replaced as Ecuador coach
Quito: The Ecuador Football Federation have replaced national coach Reinaldo Rueda after the team failed to get out of the World Cup group stages.
Under-20 coach Sixto Vizuete will take charge of the team at least until January, the federation announced.
Ecuador were the first South American team to drop out of the World Cup in Brazil and federation president Luis Chiriboga had said in recent days that the country`s football leadership were not happy.
"We expected more from our team," he said.
"Professor Reinaldo Rueda will no longer lead the Ecuador football team," Chriboga said in a statement released late Tuesday that announced that Rueda`s contract would not be renewed.
Rueda, a Colombian, has been in charge for four years. Before he was coach of Honduras.
Ecuador lost 2-1 to Switzerland, beat Honduras 2-1 and then drew 0-0 with France in their World Cup Group E matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves