Remy to face no action over rape claim
London: France international striker Loic Remy will face no further action following an arrest on allegations of rape, London`s Metropolitan Police Force said Friday.
The 27-year-old, who is on loan at north-east Premier League side Newcastle from second-tier club Queens Park Rangers, was held in May last year with two other men after a women claimed she had been attacked in Fulham, west London.
Police said that on Thursday all three men were told they will face no further action over the allegations.
Remy`s lawyers, at the time of his arrest, said their client denied the claims against him.
Although police did not name Remy they issued a statement saying: "Officers from (sex crime unit) Sapphire investigated an allegation of rape on May 6 in the Fulham area.
"The allegation was passed on to the Metropolitan Police Service by Kent Police on May 8 after the 34-year-old female victim reported it to them the previous day.
"The victim alleged she was raped by three men.
"On the morning of Wednesday, May 15, three men aged 26, 23 and 22, were arrested at an address in Fulham on suspicion of rape. They were taken into custody at a west London police station and all three men were bailed pending further inquiries.
"On February 13, and following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service, the three men were informed that no further action would be taken against them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened