Renedy Singh elected president of FPAI
Kolkata: Former India international Renedy Singh today succeeded ex-captain Bhaichung Bhutia as the new president of the Football Players Association of India (FPAI), here.
Bhutia, however, will continue to serve on FIFPro Worlds technical committee as Asia`s representative. He will also be an adviser and a life member of the FPAI. Bhutia stepped down from the post after serving as president of the FPAI for eight years since its inception in 2006.
The executive board and senior members of the FPAI met at a city hotel to take executive decisions and discuss the board composition of the FPAI effective March 1, 2014. India captain Sunil Chetri, Abhishek Yadav, Clifford Miranda and Alvito D`Cunha were appointed the vice-presidents of the FPAI. Simon Colosimo was elected as the vice-president representing foreign players in India.
Anuj Kichlu will continue as the FPAI representative on the FIFPro Asia Board. Deepak Mondal will continue as the Treasurer of the FPAI while Jahan Mehta will serve his term as the General Secretary.
The President, general secretary and treasurer will serve for a maximum of three terms. It is compulsory for them to take a break of one year after the completion of their respective terms.
The Board took decisions about the future of FPAI, its interaction and exposure with all players across India and annual work. The standard contract for all the players in India was also discussed.
It was also decided to announce a new board composition effective March 1. Decision regarding a charity match, the Indian Football Awards 2014 and the development of the FPAI House (New Office) were also taken and will be announced shortly.
A committee was formed to oversee the completion of the new FPAI House consisting of Mondal, Gouramangi Singh, Jahan Mehta and Rahim Nabi besides the newly-elected president Renedy, who will oversee the full development.
The committee will be dissolved on completion of the FPAI House here after its inauguration in early 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?