Retire? You`ll find out after the DFB-Pokal final : Heynckes
London: The Champions League-winning boss has fuelled speculation that he may take on another coaching project, despite rumours that he would retire from football this summer.
Jupp Heynckes has hinted that he may continue coaching elsewhere after guiding Bayern Munich to Champions League glory.
The 68-year-old coach will be replaced at the die Roten helm by Pep Guardiola next season and was widely expected to bring an end to his managerial career. However, following the 2-1 defeat of Borussia Dortmund at Wembley, the trainer indicated that his time may not yet be up.
"The decision on what I will do after the cup match was already taken last June? Retire? No, you will learn that after the cup final (against Stuttgart next Saturday)," Heynckes told reporters after the game.
A win in the DFB-Pokal final next weekend would complete an historic treble for the Bavarian giants, but the coach admitted his team were not always on top.
"There was pressure on both teams but we certainly felt the burden of being favourites in the first 20 minutes. We didn`t get into the game in the first half so I corrected a few things at the interval," Heynckes said.
"Last week in Gladbach was a unique situation, but today I`m over the moon for my players and the Lahm/Schweinsteiger generation.
"I`ll be celebrating with my team tonight because they`ve earned it. I`m sure they`ll all let their hair down tonight."
Thomas Muller, however, believes that his current coach will call it a day after a record-breaking season, while he has to worry about bettering it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?