RFEF lifts Mourinho’s Spanish Supercopa ban for eye-poke
Madrid: The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has decided to lift the Supercopa suspensions of Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova and his Real Madrid counterpart Jose Mourinho.
Mourinho was handed a two-game ban last year after poking Vilanova in the eye during a touchline brawl in the 2011-12 Spanish Supercopa encounter at Camp Nou, while the new Blaugrana boss received a one-match suspension for his role in the incident.
However, the RFEF has now made the decision to allow both coaches to be in charge of their respective teams during this year`s Supercopa.
Barcelona president Sandro Rosell recently stressed that he was against such a pardon, but the RFEF has nonetheless opted to lift the duo`s bans.
The first leg is due to take place on August 21 at Camp Nou, with the return fixture scheduled one week later at the Santiago Bernabeu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened