RFEF lifts Mourinho’s Spanish Supercopa ban for eye-poke
Madrid: The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has decided to lift the Supercopa suspensions of Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova and his Real Madrid counterpart Jose Mourinho.
Mourinho was handed a two-game ban last year after poking Vilanova in the eye during a touchline brawl in the 2011-12 Spanish Supercopa encounter at Camp Nou, while the new Blaugrana boss received a one-match suspension for his role in the incident.
However, the RFEF has now made the decision to allow both coaches to be in charge of their respective teams during this year`s Supercopa.
Barcelona president Sandro Rosell recently stressed that he was against such a pardon, but the RFEF has nonetheless opted to lift the duo`s bans.
The first leg is due to take place on August 21 at Camp Nou, with the return fixture scheduled one week later at the Santiago Bernabeu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Probe ordered into killing of snake charmer in Madhya Pradesh
- Maharashtra govt to write to PM for CBI probe into disappearance of tiger
- Gujarat Assembly committee raps GSPC for 'over confidence'
- Head constable arrested for taking bribe
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie