RFEF lifts Mourinho’s Spanish Supercopa ban for eye-poke
Madrid: The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has decided to lift the Supercopa suspensions of Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova and his Real Madrid counterpart Jose Mourinho.
Mourinho was handed a two-game ban last year after poking Vilanova in the eye during a touchline brawl in the 2011-12 Spanish Supercopa encounter at Camp Nou, while the new Blaugrana boss received a one-match suspension for his role in the incident.
However, the RFEF has now made the decision to allow both coaches to be in charge of their respective teams during this year`s Supercopa.
Barcelona president Sandro Rosell recently stressed that he was against such a pardon, but the RFEF has nonetheless opted to lift the duo`s bans.
The first leg is due to take place on August 21 at Camp Nou, with the return fixture scheduled one week later at the Santiago Bernabeu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre