RFEF lifts Mourinho’s Spanish Supercopa ban for eye-poke
Madrid: The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has decided to lift the Supercopa suspensions of Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova and his Real Madrid counterpart Jose Mourinho.
Mourinho was handed a two-game ban last year after poking Vilanova in the eye during a touchline brawl in the 2011-12 Spanish Supercopa encounter at Camp Nou, while the new Blaugrana boss received a one-match suspension for his role in the incident.
However, the RFEF has now made the decision to allow both coaches to be in charge of their respective teams during this year`s Supercopa.
Barcelona president Sandro Rosell recently stressed that he was against such a pardon, but the RFEF has nonetheless opted to lift the duo`s bans.
The first leg is due to take place on August 21 at Camp Nou, with the return fixture scheduled one week later at the Santiago Bernabeu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliament witnessed uproarious scenes AAP leader Bhagwant Mann's video
- VIDEO: Beautiful Voice! WATCH Sunny Leone sing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League
- Rajasthan: Man held for raping 5-year-old girl, torturing 2-yr old sibling
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!