Ribery on the verge of Bayern extension
London: The France international has already stated more than once that he wants to end his career at his current club and is set sign a new deal shortly.
Franck Ribery is on the verge of signing a new deal with Bayern Munich after agreeing terms with the Champions League winners.
The 30-year-old`s current deal with the Bavarians runs until the summer of 2015, but club CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has revealed that the winger is close to inking a two-year extension.
"I can reveal that we have agreed terms in principle," said Rummenigge.
"When Franck joined us in 2007, he had the reputation of being a player who switches clubs every one to two seasons.
"However, he has now already been here for six years. His family and he are feeling very good here in Munich."
Ribery joined Bayern from Olympique de Marseille in the summer of 2007 and has since made over 150 Bundesliga appearances for the Allianz Arena side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden