Ribery wants to extend Bayern contract
Berlin: France winger Franck Ribery on Monday said he is eager to extend his Bayern Munich contract past 2015 having already spent nearly six years at the Champions League finalists.
The 30-year-old joined Bayern in July 2007 from Marseille and has scored 51 goals with 74 assists in his 154 league games for the Bavarians to become a fan favourite at the Allianz Arena and was a key factor in Bayern winning their 23rd German league title.
Ribery has been in superb form this season on the left wing scoring eight goals in the Bundesliga. He was outstanding in Bayern`s 3-0 win at Barcelona in the Champions League semifinal, second leg.
Last week, Bayern`s director of sport Matthias Simmer said he wants to tie-up Ribery for a longer deal with the new contract expected to be signed soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH