Ribery wants to extend Bayern contract
Berlin: France winger Franck Ribery on Monday said he is eager to extend his Bayern Munich contract past 2015 having already spent nearly six years at the Champions League finalists.
The 30-year-old joined Bayern in July 2007 from Marseille and has scored 51 goals with 74 assists in his 154 league games for the Bavarians to become a fan favourite at the Allianz Arena and was a key factor in Bayern winning their 23rd German league title.
Ribery has been in superb form this season on the left wing scoring eight goals in the Bundesliga. He was outstanding in Bayern`s 3-0 win at Barcelona in the Champions League semifinal, second leg.
Last week, Bayern`s director of sport Matthias Simmer said he wants to tie-up Ribery for a longer deal with the new contract expected to be signed soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'