Ribery wants to extend Bayern contract
Berlin: France winger Franck Ribery on Monday said he is eager to extend his Bayern Munich contract past 2015 having already spent nearly six years at the Champions League finalists.
The 30-year-old joined Bayern in July 2007 from Marseille and has scored 51 goals with 74 assists in his 154 league games for the Bavarians to become a fan favourite at the Allianz Arena and was a key factor in Bayern winning their 23rd German league title.
Ribery has been in superb form this season on the left wing scoring eight goals in the Bundesliga. He was outstanding in Bayern`s 3-0 win at Barcelona in the Champions League semifinal, second leg.
Last week, Bayern`s director of sport Matthias Simmer said he wants to tie-up Ribery for a longer deal with the new contract expected to be signed soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers