Rio Ferdinand backs current Manchester United squad to win trophies
Manchester: Rio Ferdinand believes that Manchester United`s squad is good enough to retain the Premier League title without further signings.
The Red Devils have failed with two bids to sign former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona and also missed out on Thiago , who opted to join his former boss, Pep Guardiola, at Bayern Munich.
Goal exclusively revealed on Monday that United are considering a move to trigger Marouane Fellaini`s £22 million release clause at Everton, with Fabregas looking increasingly likely to remain at Camp Nou, but Ferdinand is confident ahead of the new campaign regardless of what David Moyes does between now and end of September.
"We`re confident. If we had to go into the season with the players that we`ve got now, I`d be more than confident and have high hopes of doing well and winning trophies," he told Sky Sports News.
"If the manager adds to that and chooses to add to that, then great - but it remains to be seen."
Moyes also seems pleased with the options at his disposal after United ended their pre-season tour of Asia with a 5-2 victory over Kitchee on Monday.
"I`m taking away a great experience of my first trip with Manchester United in general and what the football club means around the world," Moyes enthused, "but I`ve also had a chance to get to know the players, try and settle into my new environment and the players to get to know me as well.
"They`ve been working with a great manager for a long time, a lot of them, so it`s going to take time but I`ve enjoyed working with them - they`re incredibly professional and I can see why they`re champions.
"The way they conduct themselves and go about their business, I`ve been very impressed by them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM