Rio Ferdinand earns England recall
London: Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has been included in England`s squad to face San Marino and Montenegro.
The 34-year-old has been called up by Roy Hodgson for the first time after being left out of the squad for Euro 2012, despite the Three Lions manager previously suggesting that the former skipper would not be considered for international duty.
Phil Jagielka is the man to make way for Ferdinand, who will been joined in the squad by his United team-mate Michael Carrick, as he comes in for injured Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere.
Michael Dawson`s fine form for Tottenham has also been rewarded with his first call-up in two years, replacing Joleon Lescott, who has been starved of first-team football at Manchester City this season.
There are also recalls for fellow Spurs players Jermain Defoe and Scott Parker, while Ben Foster makes his anticipated return to the England fold after recently coming out of international retirement, and Everton midfielder Leon Osman earns another call-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report