Rio Ferdinand faces no FA action over Torres altercation
London: Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand will not face disciplinary action following an altercation with Chelsea’s Fernando Torres, the Football Association have confirmed.
The Red Devils defender appeared to shove the Spain international to the floor before grabbing him to his feet in an off-the-ball incident when the two sides met at Old Trafford on Sunday.
Referee Howard Webb missed the incident - prompting speculation the FA could hand the 34-year-old a ban, however this has now been ruled out with the official having been shown video footage of the clash.
Chelsea went 2-0 down early on thanks to a goal apiece from Chicharito and Wayne Rooney, before battling back to grab a 2-2 draw with goals from Eden Hazard and Ramires.
The two sides will now battle in out in quarter-final replay at Stamford Bridge with the winners facing Manchester City in the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'