Rio Ferdinand reveals had `begged` Ronaldo to come to Man Utd
London: Veteran Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has revealed that he had begged Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo to return to his old club last summer when it seemed that he might be leaving the Spanish giants.
The defending Premier League champions had contacted Real about re-signing Ronaldo, although the Portuguese forward opted to stay at the Bernabeu, signing a new blockbuster contract.
According to the Mirror, Ferdinand claimed that his `old pal` Ronaldo was one of the most dialed persons on his phone at that time, although he added that he believes any chance of Ronaldo coming back to Old Trafford has gone now given his new deal with Real.
Ferdinand further said that although footballers play their cards close to their chests and do not let people know about such choices for fear of `letting the cat out of the bag`, he believes that had Ronaldo left Real, he would have come back to United.
Ferdinand feels that Ronaldo has improved since leaving the Premier League in 2009 in a world-record 80 million-pound move, and claims that he has shown this year that he is now the best footballer on the planet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe