Rio Ferdinand thanks Fulham for European favour
London: Manchester United centre-back Rio Ferdinand has expressed gratitude to Fulham after the London club signed the star player from his side`s forthcoming Champions League opponents Olympiakos.
Fulham, managed by former United coach Rene Meulensteen, completed a move for Greece international striker Konstantinos Mitroglou on Friday.
Mitroglou is the top scorer in this season`s Greek Super League, with 14 goals, and Ferdinand is relieved that he will not come up against the 25-year-old when United tackle Olympiakos in the Champions League last 16.
"Fulham just signed our next opponents star man," Ferdinand wrote on Twitter. "good work Rene!!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Kaka called up for Brazil's Centenary Copa America squad
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run
- Facebook's new ad cookies targets everyone!
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC