Rio Ferdinand thanks Fulham for European favour
London: Manchester United centre-back Rio Ferdinand has expressed gratitude to Fulham after the London club signed the star player from his side`s forthcoming Champions League opponents Olympiakos.
Fulham, managed by former United coach Rene Meulensteen, completed a move for Greece international striker Konstantinos Mitroglou on Friday.
Mitroglou is the top scorer in this season`s Greek Super League, with 14 goals, and Ferdinand is relieved that he will not come up against the 25-year-old when United tackle Olympiakos in the Champions League last 16.
"Fulham just signed our next opponents star man," Ferdinand wrote on Twitter. "good work Rene!!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'