Rivaldo quits Angola`s Kabuscorp
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil football star Rivaldo has given the strongest indication that his decorated 21-year professional career is over after quitting Angolan club Kabuscorp.
The 40-year-old used his Twitter account to announce his departure on Sunday after less than 12 months at the Luanda-based club.
"It`s my last day here in Angola but only as a footballer because I will always consider Angola my home," Rivaldo said.
The attacking midfielder last month revealed his 2012 season was over after suffering a rib and shoulder injury during a match in Angola`s top-flight.
At the time he said he was still deciding whether to continue playing and denied reports linking him with a return to Brazilian football.
The former Barcelona star scored 11 goals in 15 matches for Kabuscorp after joining the club from Sao Paulo earlier this year.
Voted FIFA`s world player of the year in 1999, Rivaldo was a part of Brazil`s 2002 World Cup-winning team and scored 34 goals in 74 matches for his country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know