River Plate beat Racing in Argentine league
Buenos Aires: River Plate beat Racing Club 2-0 at home in the eighth match of the Argentine football league, leaving the River just a point behind league leaders Lanus.
River defender Leandro Gonzalez Pirez scored the first goal early in the 11th minute with a header at Cilindro de Avellaneda Stadium here Sunday.
Teammate Manuel Lanzini scored the second goal for River with just two minutes to go before the end of the game.
All Boys (11) beat Independiente (8) 1-0 Friday, and Atletico de Rafaela (12) defeated Tigre (10) 3-1 on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley