Rob Bann hospitalised following loss of consciousness
Mumbai: All India Football Federation`s (AIFF) Technical Director Rob Bann has been admitted to a hospital here after he lost consciousness.
The 69-year-old Dutchman, who was not able to recognise people, though, regained consciousness on Friday.
"He was admitted for loss of consciousness and regained it yesterday. He was also not able to recognise people familiar to him. Hopefully, he will get well soon," an AIFF official said.
Baan, who was appointed as technical director in 2011, is unlikely to renew his contract which ends in October.
Bann is reportedly upset that his ambitious master plan `Lakshya` hasn`t been implemented by the AIFF since it was launched last August.
Baan had an annual package of Rs 2 crore, a part of which was paid by the Oranje Sports Forum and the AIFF.
The master plan was aimed at revolutionising the game in the country and help India qualify for the 2022 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times