Robben eyes new Bayern deal
Munich: The Dutchman says he will soon begin talks over a contract extension and is confident that he still has three years of football left in him
Bayern Munich star Arjen Robben has voiced his confidence that he will sign a new contract at the club in the near future.
The Dutchman has been at the Allianz Arena since 2009, but his current deal expires in just 18 months` time.
However, the former Real Madrid and Chelsea man says he is enjoying life in Bavaria and believes he still has something to offer the team.
"The club knows what they have in me and I know what I have at the club," the 29-year-old told SZ.
"I have a feeling that I have at least three years of top football before me - I love it here.
"[Club CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge] has said that we will soon talk concretely about the future."
Robben has been in excellent form for Bayern this season, scoring 13 goals in all competitions prior to a knee injury earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves