Robben eyes new Bayern deal
Munich: The Dutchman says he will soon begin talks over a contract extension and is confident that he still has three years of football left in him
Bayern Munich star Arjen Robben has voiced his confidence that he will sign a new contract at the club in the near future.
The Dutchman has been at the Allianz Arena since 2009, but his current deal expires in just 18 months` time.
However, the former Real Madrid and Chelsea man says he is enjoying life in Bavaria and believes he still has something to offer the team.
"The club knows what they have in me and I know what I have at the club," the 29-year-old told SZ.
"I have a feeling that I have at least three years of top football before me - I love it here.
"[Club CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge] has said that we will soon talk concretely about the future."
Robben has been in excellent form for Bayern this season, scoring 13 goals in all competitions prior to a knee injury earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list