Robben hails Bayern Munich`s `greatest display` against Barcelona
Berlin: Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has labelled Tuesday`s 4-0 thrashing of Barcelona as arguably the German side`s finest-ever display.
Two goals from Thomas Muller, and further efforts from Mario Gomez and Robben himself gave the Bavarians the largest margin of victory in Champions League semi-final history, and the 29-year-old was stunned by the incredbile nature of the result.
“This was pure enjoyment. Fantastic. It`s almost inconceivable how well we played. I don’t even think we ever played this well before," he told ITV after the match.
“No, I really can’t [believe the result], but I think we can be very proud, because we gave them good competition in a game everybody said was 50-50.
“[Barcelona] have dominated Europe over the last five years, and to beat them like this in such a terrific way, I think we have to be proud. But on the other hand, let`s be humble about it and enjoy this evening, because there`s still a game to play and we have to be ready [for the second leg]."
Robben’s involvement did not come without controversy, however, as he appeared to benefit from Muller’s unpunished block on Jordi Alba in the build-up to his goal – but the winger refused to be drawn on the incident.
"I don`t know [if we benefited from the referee’s decisions], I don`t want to speak about this. I want to speak about the way we played tonight, because I think that needs to have the upper hand.
“We fought for every metre, and they only had one chance. In the end we really deserved the win."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’