Robert Lewandowski will play for Bayern next season: Jurgen Klopp
Munich: Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp believes Robert Lewandowski will definitely join rivals Bayern Munich next season.
The Schwarzgelben have denied the Poland international, whose contract runs out in 2014, a move away from Signal Iduna Park this summer, with the Bavarians having led the chase to sign the striker.
Klopp has accepted that it will be impossible to keep the 24-year-old from Bayern`s clutches beyond the current season but is keen to make the relationship between forward and club work in the coming 12 months.
"I think it is a known fact that Robert is going to play for Bayern after the upcoming season," he told Welt am Sonntag. "Now the only question is how to shape the time until then.
"That is our concern and it is our commitment to our fans and members to ensure that we will have a more competitive team in the upcoming season.
"Up to a certain point we were with Robert`s desire for change and were ready to talk. But nothing happened so we had to eventually say: `[A sale] now no longer works for us.`
"And now we want to prove that, with a quality player like Robert, we can be successful in the coming year. Our results in the coming season are what we`re all about. I know that Robert and I see it the same way."
The BVB coach also revealed that Mario Gotze`s €37 million move to the Allianz Arena, which was agreed in April, was more upsetting than the club`s eventual Champions League defeat to Bayern in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon