Robert Lewandowski will play for Bayern next season: Jurgen Klopp
Munich: Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp believes Robert Lewandowski will definitely join rivals Bayern Munich next season.
The Schwarzgelben have denied the Poland international, whose contract runs out in 2014, a move away from Signal Iduna Park this summer, with the Bavarians having led the chase to sign the striker.
Klopp has accepted that it will be impossible to keep the 24-year-old from Bayern`s clutches beyond the current season but is keen to make the relationship between forward and club work in the coming 12 months.
"I think it is a known fact that Robert is going to play for Bayern after the upcoming season," he told Welt am Sonntag. "Now the only question is how to shape the time until then.
"That is our concern and it is our commitment to our fans and members to ensure that we will have a more competitive team in the upcoming season.
"Up to a certain point we were with Robert`s desire for change and were ready to talk. But nothing happened so we had to eventually say: `[A sale] now no longer works for us.`
"And now we want to prove that, with a quality player like Robert, we can be successful in the coming year. Our results in the coming season are what we`re all about. I know that Robert and I see it the same way."
The BVB coach also revealed that Mario Gotze`s €37 million move to the Allianz Arena, which was agreed in April, was more upsetting than the club`s eventual Champions League defeat to Bayern in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened