Roberto Baggio quits Italian Football Federation
Italy: Roberto Baggio has resigned from his role with the Italian football federation after claiming his recommendations for improving the national game were ignored.
Baggio was tasked with restoring direction to Italian football after Marcelo Lippi`s World Cup holders flopped in their defence of their title at the 2010 tournament in South Africa.
The former Juventus and Inter star said the federation had shown apathy towards his plans for over a year.
"I presented my project in December 2011, 900 pages, but they remained empty words," the 45-year-old told Italian television.
"I don`t like just sitting on a chair but [rather] to do things, therefore reluctantly I have decided to leave," Baggio said.
In October Baggio made his frustrations known in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.
He said: "So far there has only been one successful initiative, a well-attended course in Tuscany that was free and well attended by clubs from Pisa and Pontedera."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue