Roberto Carlos on brink of Turkey move
Turkey: The former Fenerbache man looks set to take the reins at the Turkish club in a deal that could be finalised in the next few days.
Brazil legend Roberto Carlos is on the brink of joining Sivasspor as coach, the Turkish club have confirmed.
The 40-year-old is currently a director at Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala but reports suggest he will relinquish himself of the duty and step into coaching.
Mecnun Odyakmaz, president of the Turkish club, has announced that while nothing is definitive just yet talks are at an advanced stage.
"We are engaged in serious discussions with Roberto Carlos," the club president told the Ankara Haber. "The interviews are positive and the transfer will become clear in the next two days."
The agent of the former Brazilian left-back, Ozkan Dogan, was also extremely confident that the deal is set to be completed.
"Roberto Carlos and Sivas have reached an agreement in principle. He will sign the contract on Tuesday or Wednesday," said the Brazilian`s manager.
Sivasspor finished 12th in the Turkish league table this season after gaining promotion into the top flight 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why