Roberto Carlos on brink of Turkey move
Turkey: The former Fenerbache man looks set to take the reins at the Turkish club in a deal that could be finalised in the next few days.
Brazil legend Roberto Carlos is on the brink of joining Sivasspor as coach, the Turkish club have confirmed.
The 40-year-old is currently a director at Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala but reports suggest he will relinquish himself of the duty and step into coaching.
Mecnun Odyakmaz, president of the Turkish club, has announced that while nothing is definitive just yet talks are at an advanced stage.
"We are engaged in serious discussions with Roberto Carlos," the club president told the Ankara Haber. "The interviews are positive and the transfer will become clear in the next two days."
The agent of the former Brazilian left-back, Ozkan Dogan, was also extremely confident that the deal is set to be completed.
"Roberto Carlos and Sivas have reached an agreement in principle. He will sign the contract on Tuesday or Wednesday," said the Brazilian`s manager.
Sivasspor finished 12th in the Turkish league table this season after gaining promotion into the top flight 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi