Robin van Persie agent`s £4m demands threaten to derail Manchester United deal
London: The demands of Robin van Persie`s agent are threatening to scupper his chances of a move to Manchester United.
Sources have told Goal.com that Kees Vos, the striker’s principal representative, wants a £4 million cut of the deal that takes Van Persie from Arsenal.
United are in pole position to sign the Dutchman after Manchester City and Juventus baulked at the combination of Arsenal’s £25m valuation, the player`s wage demands and the fee for Vos, who is the chief executive officer of Holland-based Sports Entertainment Group.
However, Sir Alex Ferguson is not close to concluding the summer`s main transfer saga despite speaking once again of his interest in the player on Wednesday night.
"We have made a bid and they`ve [Arsenal] been trying to negotiate with other clubs," said Ferguson after United`s friendly against Barcelona in Gothenburg. "I don`t have a gut feeling on it at the moment, I must admit.
"We`re not getting any breakthrough with Arsenal. It`s difficult to say why they`re operating this way. I don`t know what their thoughts are, because they`re not giving anything away."
It is understood that United are unwilling to pay much more than £15m for a player who turned 29 on Monday and has only a year remaining on his contract.
City have put their interest in Van Persie firmly on hold, even though there is no guarantee that Edin Dzeko will remain at Etihad Stadium in the current window, while Juventus are out of the running.
Both Real Madrid and Barcelona were approached at the start of the summer to ascertain their interest in the reigning PFA and Footballer Writers` Association player of the year but neither of the Spanish giants wanted to make a move.
All of which leaves the Van Persie camp with few remaining options.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is still hopeful he can persuade the Dutchman to stay after demonstrating growing ambition by signing proven midfielder Santi Cazorla on top of earlier summer purchases Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud.
And as revealed by Goal.com, there has been a notable shift in Van Persie`s mindset and body language since the entire squad began training together on Wednesday of last week.
Staying at the club is not the unpalatable prospect it was when he released his incendiary statement on July 4 that questioned the club’s ambition and made it clear he would not extend a contract that expires in 12 months` time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested