Robin Van Persie closer to Manchester United move?
London: The Sun reports in an exclusive that Manchester United are close to landing Robin Van Persie as Arsenal officials have grown skeptical about his presence at the club. It is being said that the negative response RVP received at Arsenal’s friendly game against Cologne has convinced them that keeping a figure who is hated by the fans can only be detrimental to the club.
I suspect that if RVP were to stay and starts banging in a truck load of goals for the Gunners they’d be glad he decided not to move. The more logical reason to Arsenal’s changed stance is that the other club in the race to sign Van Persie, Juventus, have instead turned their attention to Fernando Llorente. Also, Arsenal seem to be happy with their attacking purchases of Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud who Wenger feels can make up for RVP’s absence.
Sir Alex Ferguson had said that Arsenal were trying to negotiate with other clubs but that we would keep persevering. Well, it seems that perseverance might just pay off. Arsenal want 25 million pounds if they have to sell at United but the figure being reported is 22 million pounds. 22 million pounds going once, going twice and sold? Well, the Sun claim that a deal has been struck. Stay tuned for more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it