Robin Van Persie closer to Manchester United move?
London: The Sun reports in an exclusive that Manchester United are close to landing Robin Van Persie as Arsenal officials have grown skeptical about his presence at the club. It is being said that the negative response RVP received at Arsenal’s friendly game against Cologne has convinced them that keeping a figure who is hated by the fans can only be detrimental to the club.
I suspect that if RVP were to stay and starts banging in a truck load of goals for the Gunners they’d be glad he decided not to move. The more logical reason to Arsenal’s changed stance is that the other club in the race to sign Van Persie, Juventus, have instead turned their attention to Fernando Llorente. Also, Arsenal seem to be happy with their attacking purchases of Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud who Wenger feels can make up for RVP’s absence.
Sir Alex Ferguson had said that Arsenal were trying to negotiate with other clubs but that we would keep persevering. Well, it seems that perseverance might just pay off. Arsenal want 25 million pounds if they have to sell at United but the figure being reported is 22 million pounds. 22 million pounds going once, going twice and sold? Well, the Sun claim that a deal has been struck. Stay tuned for more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations