Robin van Persie completes medical ahead of Manchester United move
Manchester: Robin van Persie has completed a medical at Bridgewater Hospital ahead of an agreed transfer to Manchester United.
The Arsenal captain`s protracted exit from the Emirates Stadium was finally decided to be to the Premier League runners-up on Wednesday and the deal is expected to be confirmed shortly afterward.
The striker will then put pen to paper on a four-year contract worth a hefty £235,000-a-week.
In total, accounting for image rights and salary over the length of the deal, Van Persie is set to earn a mouth-watering £48.9 million, with United already paying Arsenal £24m to secure his services.
Goal.com also understands that Arsenal are on the brink of selling midfielder Alex Song to Barcelona for £15m after a breakthrough in negotiations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena