Robin van Persie completes medical ahead of Manchester United move
Manchester: Robin van Persie has completed a medical at Bridgewater Hospital ahead of an agreed transfer to Manchester United.
The Arsenal captain`s protracted exit from the Emirates Stadium was finally decided to be to the Premier League runners-up on Wednesday and the deal is expected to be confirmed shortly afterward.
The striker will then put pen to paper on a four-year contract worth a hefty £235,000-a-week.
In total, accounting for image rights and salary over the length of the deal, Van Persie is set to earn a mouth-watering £48.9 million, with United already paying Arsenal £24m to secure his services.
Goal.com also understands that Arsenal are on the brink of selling midfielder Alex Song to Barcelona for £15m after a breakthrough in negotiations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details