Robin van Persie denies rumours linking him to Barcelona
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has dismissed the rumours linking him with Spanish club Barcelona.
Persie’s Tuesday night visit to a Barcelona hotel in London led to speculations of a summer move to the Spanish giant. However, the Dutch striker denied the claims saying that he was there to visit his good friend Ibrahim Afellay who had joined the team after recovering from an injury.
“The explanation is really very simple. My very good friend Ibrahim Afellay plays for Barcelona. After a bad long-term injury, he was finally back with the team - and during his absence I had been in contact with him a lot, but I hadn`t seen him,” he said.
“This was an opportunity for me to go and visit a close friend, show him my support and catch up.”
Expressing his surprise at the transfer gossips, he said everything was quite clear and there was nothing that could have been hidden.
“I was wearing my Arsenal tracksuit and we sat down by the reception to have a chat and some food - everyone could see us and there was nothing to hide. I can`t imagine anyone conducting transfer negotiations in these circumstances!”
“The visit to the hotel was a social one and had nothing to do with the future of my career,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!