Robinho extends contract with AC Milan
Milan: AC Milan announced that Brazilian star Robinho has extended his contract with the club until the summer of 2016.
The 29-year-old Brazilian striker, whose current contract was set to expire in 2014, had been linked with a move to his boyhood club Santos this summer. But the move foundered as the San Paolo club lacked fund.
"AC Milan announce that Robinho has extended his contract to June 30, 2016," said a statement on the club`s official website.
Before Robinho penned his signature on the new contract, Milan vice president Adriano Galliani had categorically denied any suggestion that Robinho could leave Milan this summer after having a meeting with the player`s representatives on Thursday afternoon.
"We are talking with Robinho about a contract renewal," he said. "I can categorically exclude any suggestion that the player will leave," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender