Robinho unlikely to return to Santos
Rio de Janeiro: Santos coach Muricy Ramalho admits he is unlikely to succeed in his bid to sign the club`s former football stars Robinho and Diego in the January transfer window.
The Brazilian top-flight outfit had identified the pair as priority targets as they attempt to build a squad capable of regaining a berth in South America`s elite Copa Libertadores tournament after a disappointing 2012.
But Ramalho described the possibility of signing Wolfsburg play-maker Diego as "very difficult" due to the German club`s financial demands while Robinho is reportedly intent on staying at Italy`s AC Milan.
"It is difficult to see them coming back but we`re looking on other fronts, not just those players," Ramalho said.
Robinho`s lawyer, Marisa Alija, all but ruled out Robinho`s return to the club he has represented during two separate stints.
"We hear lots of speculation but Robinho has a contract with Milan until 2014," Alija said. "He is happy there and well looked after."
"He hasn`t said anything to me about going back to Santos next season. He has never hidden the fact that he wants to go back but at this stage has not said when that might be."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders