Robinho unlikely to return to Santos
Rio de Janeiro: Santos coach Muricy Ramalho admits he is unlikely to succeed in his bid to sign the club`s former football stars Robinho and Diego in the January transfer window.
The Brazilian top-flight outfit had identified the pair as priority targets as they attempt to build a squad capable of regaining a berth in South America`s elite Copa Libertadores tournament after a disappointing 2012.
But Ramalho described the possibility of signing Wolfsburg play-maker Diego as "very difficult" due to the German club`s financial demands while Robinho is reportedly intent on staying at Italy`s AC Milan.
"It is difficult to see them coming back but we`re looking on other fronts, not just those players," Ramalho said.
Robinho`s lawyer, Marisa Alija, all but ruled out Robinho`s return to the club he has represented during two separate stints.
"We hear lots of speculation but Robinho has a contract with Milan until 2014," Alija said. "He is happy there and well looked after."
"He hasn`t said anything to me about going back to Santos next season. He has never hidden the fact that he wants to go back but at this stage has not said when that might be."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof