Rodgers agrees on new deal to stay on at Liverpool until 2018: Report
London: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has reportedly agreed on a new deal with the club`s owners that will keep him at Anfield until 2018.
Rodgers signed a three-year deal with the option for a fourth when he replaced Kenny Dalglish as manager in 2012, the option belonging to owners Fenway Sports Group, which has to inform Rodgers by a specified date next season whether it wishes to extend his tenure into a fourth year.
According to The Guardian, Rodgers, who has guided Liverpool from seventh place last season to their strongest title challenge for 24 years in his second season in charge, had delayed contract talks to avoid potential distractions from the pre-season objective of qualifying for the Champions League .
However, the report said that the framework of a new four-year deal has been agreed between the Liverpool manager and the club`s owners in Boston, adding that the contract may be signed shortly after the end of the Premier League season on Sunday, when Liverpool host Newcastle United still with a chance of winning their first title since 1990.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know