Rodgers insists Liverpool will not let Suarez`s transfer derail their ambitions
London: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has insisted that the club would not let Luis Suarez`s transfer to Barcelona derail their ambitions and has urged the club`s fans to believe that there is life after the Uruguayan ace.
Rodgers spoke for the first time since Suarez joined Barca in a 75 million pound deal that became official on Wednesday with the Nou Camp officials confirming that the striker was 100 percent their player.
Rodgers said that Liverpool, who lost 2-1 to Brondby in their first friendly of the pre-season, would not miss their star goalscorer, The Mirror reported.
Rodgers said that Suarez`s departure does not lessen their ambitions and they want to continually improve, adding that he thanks the striker`s contribution over the years at the club, but they will move on.
Rodgers said that Suarez, in his contribution over the years, has been wonderful but he has moved on and he would concentrate on the players that the club has.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi