Rodgers insists Liverpool will not let Suarez`s transfer derail their ambitions
London: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has insisted that the club would not let Luis Suarez`s transfer to Barcelona derail their ambitions and has urged the club`s fans to believe that there is life after the Uruguayan ace.
Rodgers spoke for the first time since Suarez joined Barca in a 75 million pound deal that became official on Wednesday with the Nou Camp officials confirming that the striker was 100 percent their player.
Rodgers said that Liverpool, who lost 2-1 to Brondby in their first friendly of the pre-season, would not miss their star goalscorer, The Mirror reported.
Rodgers said that Suarez`s departure does not lessen their ambitions and they want to continually improve, adding that he thanks the striker`s contribution over the years at the club, but they will move on.
Rodgers said that Suarez, in his contribution over the years, has been wonderful but he has moved on and he would concentrate on the players that the club has.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- West Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee accuses police of unleashing terror at EC's behest
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack