Rodgers insists will not swap Gerrard for any playmaker in Europe
London: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has reportedly insisted that he would not swap his captain Steven Gerrard for any playmaker in Europe.
Rodgers said that he feels his midfielder`s form sometimes gets lost a little bit with his name because of his leadership quality in the team, which is there for all to see.
According to the Guardian, Rodgers said that they should not forget that Gerrard is arguably the best in European football in a controlling role currently, adding that there are not many players who can do what he can do.
Rodgers said that he even if one looks at the holding players in European football currently at the top teams, he would not swap his midfielder for any of them, because of what he can give to the team.
The Liverpool boss reportedly believes that Gerrard`s leadership skills have shifted the focus from his outstanding form and his tactical and technical ability is overlooked due to it.
Gerrard has been influential in guiding Liverpool closer to their first league title since 1990 having adapted superbly to the holding midfield role he had been given by Rodgers in January, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB