Rodgers insists will not swap Gerrard for any playmaker in Europe
London: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has reportedly insisted that he would not swap his captain Steven Gerrard for any playmaker in Europe.
Rodgers said that he feels his midfielder`s form sometimes gets lost a little bit with his name because of his leadership quality in the team, which is there for all to see.
According to the Guardian, Rodgers said that they should not forget that Gerrard is arguably the best in European football in a controlling role currently, adding that there are not many players who can do what he can do.
Rodgers said that he even if one looks at the holding players in European football currently at the top teams, he would not swap his midfielder for any of them, because of what he can give to the team.
The Liverpool boss reportedly believes that Gerrard`s leadership skills have shifted the focus from his outstanding form and his tactical and technical ability is overlooked due to it.
Gerrard has been influential in guiding Liverpool closer to their first league title since 1990 having adapted superbly to the holding midfield role he had been given by Rodgers in January, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan