Rodgers says Suarez `champing at the bit` to resume goal-scoring feats for Liverpool
Johannesburg: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has said that controversial striker Luis Suarez is `champing at the bit` while preparing to come back from suspension after biting Chelsea`s Branislav Ivanovic.
According to Sport24, Suarez is finally eligible to play again after serving a 10-match ban following his shocking clash with Ivanovic last season, and the Uruguayan is set to feature in Wednesday`s League Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.
Rodgers said that the forward has prepared himself over the last number of weeks in a fantastic manner, and his commitment has been great.
He said that Suarez lives for the game and he puts everything into it, adding that it was what the club expected from the type of character the player was.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured