Rodgers says Suarez `champing at the bit` to resume goal-scoring feats for Liverpool
Johannesburg: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has said that controversial striker Luis Suarez is `champing at the bit` while preparing to come back from suspension after biting Chelsea`s Branislav Ivanovic.
According to Sport24, Suarez is finally eligible to play again after serving a 10-match ban following his shocking clash with Ivanovic last season, and the Uruguayan is set to feature in Wednesday`s League Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.
Rodgers said that the forward has prepared himself over the last number of weeks in a fantastic manner, and his commitment has been great.
He said that Suarez lives for the game and he puts everything into it, adding that it was what the club expected from the type of character the player was.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city