Rohan Ricketts in trouble for tweets against coach Armando
Panaji: Dempo`s star foreign striker Rohan Ricketts has been served with a suspension notice for his outburst against coach Armando Colaco on a social networking website.
Ricketts has been given 48 hours to explain his anger against the coach and apologise publicly for his comments or else risk his career with the club.
"We have been following Rohan Ricketts on his twitter account and have to express concern at the turn his tweets have taken," the club said in a statement on Thursday.
Ricketts had been tweeting since Monday against the successful coach Armando Colaco.
"Our boys adore coach Armando, who in turn is a father figure, encouraging a spirit of openness, mutual respect and two-way affection among our lads. It is this atmosphere that has made Dempo SC a champion. It is impossible to conceive how there can be any negativity that Rohan alludes to in such a situation," it stated.
"Off the pitch actions of the coach via the agent who brought me here(soon to be disclosed), threatening tweets, a note on my car from a fan that seems to want to in still fear into me because I spoke my mind a few times.
"So now I don`t feel safe and my desire to be here has Been taken away through the disgusting off the field shenanigans which most of the Goan boys are afraid to voice their individual issues," he tweeted.
Ricketts further tweeted, "The club I play for @DempoSC is an extremely top club in India at the top level of the company but individuals below have tarnished it."
Rohan is expected to reply to the suspension notice on Saturday.
It is not for the first time that Ricketts and Armando have fallen out. They were involved in a similar verbal duel on the eve of the team`s clash against East Bengal last month, which was later resolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG