Roma beat Lazio in Rome derby
Rome: AS Roma beat 10-man Lazio 2-0 in the Rome derby thanks to two second half goals in an Italian Serie A league match.
Roma, who failed to beat their cross-city rivals in their previous five meetings, went ahead in the 63rd minute Sunday thanks to Federico Balzaretti,
Lazio made life harder for themselves with nine minutes to go when substitute Andre Dias was shown a straight red for a last-man challenge on Francesco Totti.
Substitute Adam Ljajic then wrapped up the win for Roma when he earned and converted a penalty deep in stoppage time after he was brought down by Cristian Ledesma.
The result, Roma`s fourth consecutive win in Serie A, lifted them to the top of the standings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!