Roma beat Lazio in Rome derby
Rome: AS Roma beat 10-man Lazio 2-0 in the Rome derby thanks to two second half goals in an Italian Serie A league match.
Roma, who failed to beat their cross-city rivals in their previous five meetings, went ahead in the 63rd minute Sunday thanks to Federico Balzaretti,
Lazio made life harder for themselves with nine minutes to go when substitute Andre Dias was shown a straight red for a last-man challenge on Francesco Totti.
Substitute Adam Ljajic then wrapped up the win for Roma when he earned and converted a penalty deep in stoppage time after he was brought down by Cristian Ledesma.
The result, Roma`s fourth consecutive win in Serie A, lifted them to the top of the standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das