Roma beat Lazio in Rome derby
Rome: AS Roma beat 10-man Lazio 2-0 in the Rome derby thanks to two second half goals in an Italian Serie A league match.
Roma, who failed to beat their cross-city rivals in their previous five meetings, went ahead in the 63rd minute Sunday thanks to Federico Balzaretti,
Lazio made life harder for themselves with nine minutes to go when substitute Andre Dias was shown a straight red for a last-man challenge on Francesco Totti.
Substitute Adam Ljajic then wrapped up the win for Roma when he earned and converted a penalty deep in stoppage time after he was brought down by Cristian Ledesma.
The result, Roma`s fourth consecutive win in Serie A, lifted them to the top of the standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price