Roma beat Lazio in Rome derby
Rome: AS Roma beat 10-man Lazio 2-0 in the Rome derby thanks to two second half goals in an Italian Serie A league match.
Roma, who failed to beat their cross-city rivals in their previous five meetings, went ahead in the 63rd minute Sunday thanks to Federico Balzaretti,
Lazio made life harder for themselves with nine minutes to go when substitute Andre Dias was shown a straight red for a last-man challenge on Francesco Totti.
Substitute Adam Ljajic then wrapped up the win for Roma when he earned and converted a penalty deep in stoppage time after he was brought down by Cristian Ledesma.
The result, Roma`s fourth consecutive win in Serie A, lifted them to the top of the standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?